Jay Craig
  • Peoria, AZ
Votes |
Did I Do The Right Thing?

Jay Craig
  • Peoria, AZ
Posted Jul 28 2015, 14:39

Hi Bigger Pockets,

I ran into a weird situation today. Looking to wholesale a property, I received a call from a motivated seller who's going through a nasty divorce. Her and her ex husband are trying to sell the same property, separately. So I received a call from her and she wanted to sell the property, she was already working with a wholesaler when she called and said the guy offered her an amount and was going to get her the contract today to sign but she wanted a better deal so she called me. She also provided me the name of the wholesaler. I found his number and gave him a call and advised that she was reaching out to me for a potential offer. I didnt want to step on toes and burn potential bridges, asked him if he wanted to work together to do a joint deal and he declined. An hour later I attempted to reach out to the seller to come see property but she advised that she already signed the contract. Was I wrong for contacting the other wholesaler to advise that she's reaching out to me for a deal? Would you guys do the same?

I feel like i screwed myself out of a potential deal by reaching out to the other wholesaler. 

Loading replies...