• Kailua, HI
Votes |
Hi From Hawaii!

Christie F.
  • Entrepreneur/Aspiring Real Estate Investor
  • Kailua, HI
Posted Sep 3 2015, 12:50

Hi BP Community!

I am new to real estate investing in Hawaii (Oahu), but I have high hopes as I am driven and ambitious. My company is Prosper Properties LLC. I come from an Audit/Accounting and entrepreneurial background, but most recently, I have dedicated my time to familiarizing myself with real estate investing, as I believe, with hard work and dedication, it is one of the few and best ways to the path of true wealth and financial freedom. Also, the excitement of it all interests me a great deal. I love my home, and although I have spent some time away, I would love to help provide local residents with solutions to their property troubles. As someone who has owned her own home in Hawaii, but subsequently had to sell it due to a split a little over a year and a half ago, I am well aware of the need for real estate solutions. I want to build great relationships with people, from other investors, new or seasoned, to sellers, real estate agents and brokers, contractors, etc. There is enough out there for all of us hungry, motivated individuals to share, so why not make some friends while we're at it!

I'm a newbie, but I dedicate full time hours to learning the craft. I am currently studying various contracts, wholesaling, fix and flips, buy and holds, and creative financing options. I am also building my Power Team, so I am in search of a realtor, closing agent, attorney, and even contractors to work with. Any referrals from other Hawaii investors would be greatly appreciated. I have done quite a bit of research, but am still in process.

Initially, because funds are limited, I plan to focus my energies on wholesaling. However, I am learning as much as I can so that I can identify opportunities for other types of deals to ensure I am not limited to just wholesaling. Perhaps, maybe a particular situation isn’t ideal for a quick wholesale and assignment, but perhaps I could consider subject-to and then lease option. Maybe I can even structure the deal and turn around and wholesale it out. The more I know, the more deals I can make. I eventually want to get into fix and flips and buy and holds, but for now, wholesaling will be my main focus.

For all you experienced Hawaii investors, since I am so new and inexperienced, perhaps if I find great deals through my marketing efforts, maybe one of you would consider helping me take down the deal and we could a co-wholesale :). I don't have any now, so I am not making any proposals, but it doesn't hurt to network!

I have been following @Michael Borger and @Michael Mazzella, a couple of very successful local investors, and aspire to be at their level one day!

Thanks to all of you here on BP for the wealth of knowledge.

Loading replies...