Votes
Dung Tran
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
House Hunting for 1st Home: Possible Candidate

Dung Tran
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Apr 9 2013, 01:10

So my criteria was essentially 3 bedrooms/1-2 bath that was about 100k so I could rent out two rooms and live in one of the rooms for free.

I found a small house (less then 1000sq ft) that is listed as a 2 bedroom/1 bath but has a den that can be converted into a 3rd bed room. It's actually listed under 100k.

It was recently renovated (flipped house) and the location of it is pretty decent considering the price. The only downfall, and probably the main reason why it hasn't been snatched up yet (houses lately have been selling like mad) is the roof. I have no idea the structure of it's roof but if you look at it, it has an obvious sag at two ends of the roof. It's a solid reason for me to send in a lower offer but the question is...is it worth it?

Absolutely no experience in construction but I'm assuming an obvious sag like that might mean a compromise in the support beams which would equal a costly fix. Something I would factor when putting in an offer but since it would be my first house should I just go for a less problematic house? I'm trying to keep in mind the time frame it would take to fix the structure of the roof.

Loading replies...