Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Antonio Bodley
  • Alabama
Votes |
Is $1400.00 a month enough money to........?

Antonio Bodley
  • Alabama
Posted May 3 2013, 10:07

Live on? If I only bring home $700 every two weeks to pay monthly debts that are more than what I earn monthly, can I afford to get my own place to stay? I have loads of debt and I know my current debts and the debts I will have to pay to live on my own will seem like more than I can handle. Do they have housing programs available for low income single people with no kids? I am in a tough situation at home where my folks are in a rough spot financially and I am always put in a tough situation where I have to keep sacrificing my down payment for my own home to help them get over. This is constantly happening to me. I want to move out and get my own place, so it's not like I am just laid back comfortable just living under my parents roof with no plans of moving out. All I need is a bigger down payment on a home and even bigger steady paychecks coming and I am I good to go. So far my down payment has been used as a safety net to help the family out. The more I get put in a situation like this the more that decreases my chances at ever leaving. What am I missing? My parents seem to think it is possible for someone like me to survive on my own with the money I bring home every month and still pay all of the costs of living on my own including my current debts, which has to be paid every month. If there was an option to make this happen for me I would do it starting today if I could. That's how bad I want to get out.

Loading replies...