User Stats

Votes
Curt Smith
Pro Member
#4 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Clarkston, GA
Votes |
Broker wants me to sign a 10% commission agreement for off market deals??

Curt Smith
Pro Member
#4 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Clarkston, GA
Posted Jul 14 2014, 06:52

Hi Folks,  I'm looking for mobile home parks and home-land deals here in GA.  BTW "land-home" deals are just a mobile home or double wide titled on land, not in a park.  Some investors buy/build whole subdivisions of mobile homes each on their own lot as a rental community called land-home deals.   At present I'm buying doublewides on land one at a time and doing rent to own then owner finance.  Numbers are great,.

I met a broker here in GA who is instant, even obnoxious that I should sign his fee agreement for 10% that if the seller doesn't pick up the whole 10% that I will pick up the balance.  His comment is that I should just subtract the fee I get hit with off my offer price.  Am I un-reasonable at my revulsion at his apparent greediness or is 10% a fair price for him to bring true off market deals to me?

I'm having a problem with his apparent greediness!   The size of these deals are in the $1M range.

A factor in this strained relationship is that this broker is truly talented and aggressively builds his own owner databases and pays for VAs to call every owner in the state...  He may have a unique value story.  I just find it hard to sign his agreement.

Loading replies...