Votes
Matt Sorrentino
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Career Advice: Construction Management vs. Real Estate Analyst

Matt Sorrentino
  • New York City, NY
Posted Sep 16 2014, 19:45

would love some insight from people on both sides of the fence. i am looking to make a career transition from the banking/trading world into real estate development. 

i think that it might be "easier" to attain a project/construction management gig and, in fact, had a role lined up at one of the bigger firms and passed on it. 

hoping some of you will be willing to provide some additional insight from both industries. what makes for a strong candidate in each specialty and what the opportunities are further down the line. 

a little more about me: 28 years old. b.s. business degree from small, private college. living in tri-state region. have always been quite interested in real estate, construction and architecture and trying to map out what i'd like to make of myself for the next 30+ years.

right now i am doing my best to learn basic real estate Excel modeling and Argus (as much as possible via YouTube tutorials).  considering paying for an Argus class to really get my feet wet with the program. 

thanks! i look forward to engaging with this community and learning all i can about the world of r.e.

Loading replies...