Michael Morris
  • Charlottesville, VA
Votes |
I'm Motivated, Are You?

Michael Morris
  • Charlottesville, VA
Posted Sep 24 2014, 22:54

BP readers,

For those of you that don't know me, I'm starting out as a cre broker in January and am really pumped up to return from my stint in Australia to get started (although I'm quite happy "down under").

I've just graduated college and feel I have an unbelievable opportunity to get started working under a mentor I established a relationship with the previous summer.

Anyways, I've found that reading relevant quotes fires me up more and more and gets me thinking about the grueling workload I'll be facing come January.

Since we can all use a bit of motivation every now and then, below are some of my favorite quotes I've come across recently:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. –Alice Walker

I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan

You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. –Christopher Columbus

The best revenge is massive success. –Frank Sinatra

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. –Leonardo da Vinci

If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.~Anonymous

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.~Walt Disney

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.~Thomas A. Edison

“Wins and losses come a dime a dozen. But effort? Nobody can judge that. Because effort is between you and you.” -Ray Lewis

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.~Eleanor Roosevelt

If you're going through hell keep going.~Winston Churchill

The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.~Anonymous

Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.~John D. Rockefeller

Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.~Steve Jobs

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.~Thomas Jefferson

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up." -Vince Lombardi

You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.~Booker T. Washington

“Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” -Jerry Rice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list could go on and on, but I think this is a good place to start. Pick out your favorite and comment on why it is such or add to the list!

Cheers,

Michael

Loading replies...