Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Michael Weber
  • Leesburg, VA
Votes |
Is the financing a good deal on this property?

Michael Weber
  • Leesburg, VA
Posted Nov 11 2014, 05:53

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting here and was hoping to get some assistance in reviewing the loan terms I've received from a local bank.  Are they good?  Are they pretty standard?  This is my first time seeking a commercial loan for a purchase so I'm not sure what is the norm and what is excessive. The reason I have to go with a commercial loan is because this single piece of property has two homes on it and would make it difficult for a traditional loan. 

The plan is to separate the two properties and then flip both of them.  Cost of the property is going to be about $375,000.  I should be able to sell both properties for about $650,000 combined after putting in about $100,000 in renovations in both homes over a 4 month period.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mike

TERMS

Collateral:  First Deed of Trust on said properties and Assignment of Rents

• 25% equity injection required

Amount:    $300,000 (approximately). (In no case shall the loan amount exceed 75% of the appraised value of the real estate securing this Loan).

Interest Rate:  5.1% fixed interest rate during the Permanent Period per annum.

Repayment:  For a period of 60 months (the “Permanent Period”), monthly payments of principal and interest shall be based upon a 20 year amortization. The principal balance and all accrued and unpaid interested shall be due in 5 year(s) from the date of the note. 

Appraisal: Subject to satisfactory receipt and review of the appraisals from an appraiser acceptable to Bank not to exceed 75% loan to value. The appraisals shall be at the expense of the borrower. The cost of said review, payable by the Borrower, will be $350 for each appraisal.

Origination Fees:  One half of one percent (1/2%) equal to one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500) of the loan amount payable upon acceptance of the commitment letter. There will also be a loan documentation fee of $300 due at closing.

Prepayment Fee: During the Permanent Period, any portion of the Loan which is prepaid will be subject to a prepayment penalty as calculated below:

• During first year of loan term 5%
  • During second year of loan term 4%
  • During third year of loan term 3%
  • During fourth year of loan term 2%
  • During the fifth year of loan term 1%

Please note the prepayment penalty will not be enforced if the property is sold through an arms length contract.

Loan Cost: The cost of the Loan, including, but not limited to, insurance, document preparation, attorney fees and filing fees, will be borne by the Borrower

Hazard Insurance: Required on all insurable collateral. 

Loading replies...