Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing
Account Closed
  • Commercial Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Wholesaling residential or self-storage investing?

Account Closed
  • Commercial Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Nov 16 2014, 14:53

Hello everyone,

My name is James Moore and I am a newbie in real estate investing, but very interested. I am currently deciding on a direction to take in real estate with my general goal being to invest in assets and generate passive income. I'm attracted to the idea of wholesaling residential properties because it sounds like it does not require large sums of capital and I could do this in addition to my full-time job. I figure proceeds could be used to help pay down my student debt. However, I am also intrigued by the idea of self-storage investing in the long run, although it sounds like this type of project is more involved and requires more capital.

Do you have advice for a newbie interested in either wholesaling residential properties or learning more about self-storage investing? What do you think are the pros and cons of following one path vs. the other? It sounds like the financial gains may be quicker with wholesaling, but I find the self-storage concept appealing. Is there a good book that describes how to invest in self-storage?

Thank you!

Loading replies...