Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jay Gilkey
  • Multi-family Investor
  • Navarre Beach, FL
Votes |
Any loan officers/professionals with advice on how current sub2's will affect new commercial loan?

Jay Gilkey
  • Multi-family Investor
  • Navarre Beach, FL
Posted Feb 11 2013, 13:45

I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with a commercial loan officer and want to be as prepared as possible so as to not shoot myself in the foot.

Here's my situation:

I am in the middle (in underwriting) of buying a new home. My current home will become a rental once I close and move out. I currently own (sub2) 2 other residential properties that are currently rented out. I am meeting with loan officer about financing a small 6 unit apartment building.

My goal is to voice my stance on moving forward after underwriting is done on my new home. My concern is in regards to how they will view the sub2 properties. Will they see them as outstanding debt, or since the seller is legally liable for them would it still viewed as his debt?

Further, since my name is on the deed, can I claim the rental monies off them? And finally, will it look to them as the properties are paid off since deed is in my name and there aren't any loans out for them in my name? Or should I just ignore them altogether as if they don't exist for the purpose of this new loan?

Sorry for the train wreck rant, just want to make sure I get all details out there so I can get some good advice.

Loading replies...