• Contractor
  • Modesto, CA
Votes |
marketing to homes with auction dates

Ben Peterson
  • Contractor
  • Modesto, CA
Posted May 29 2014, 19:56

Hi guys, this is my first post. Have learned so much from this community watching from the sidelines, thought I would ask for a little advice. I have been targeting the NOD list in my area. I have 2 deals to date with another in negotiations as we speak. I started out this last campaign sending to foreclosures that have an auction date, with 30-100% equity using my standard "I want to buy your house" yellow letter. Pretty crappy call rate so far. Mailed to 74 homes in 3 counties. 2 calls. Felt that it would be a more responsive list. I even drove 10 houses close to me on Saturday just to see if there was any sign of life at the homes. 8 homes had cars in the driveways so I know they should be getting their mail. I want to know the opinions of some of the more legal minded posters on BP what they think about prefacing the letter to say something along the lines of "don't lose your house to foreclosure, I will by it all cash and pay all closing costs" instead of the standard I want to buy your house letter. I in no way want to imply that I am going to try to save the house for them or negotiate with the bank or anything like that. I simply want to have my message be I want to buy your house that you are about to lose in 10-15 days. Am I opening myself up to legal problems by mentioning the word foreclosure in my letters or is the consensus that it's best to just say you want to buy their house without mention of the foreclosure or the auction date. It has been my experience with some of these people in foreclosure that they need that extra little kick to be prompted to make a decision. I am going to send another batch to the same list on monday or tuesday to see if I can generate a couple more leads. I'm really just a little baffled that I have not gotten more calls. Thanks and happy hunting out there.

Loading replies...