Votes
Jesse O.
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
title at county foreclosure

Jesse O.
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Aug 22 2014, 13:55

Hi all - Not sure this is the right forum to post this in or not, but I thought I'd start here.

So for history, I have purchased 3 properties at the county foreclosure auction, so I'm not super experienced, but not brand new either. I do all my own due diligence on liens, etc so if there is a case that is too complex looking to me, I walk away from it.

At any rate, I purchased my last one on 7/7/14, and have yet get title to it. I received the certificate of sale from the county, but for the title, the county has this note on the case:

Case Progress Notes NEED CERT OF TITLE WITH LEGAL THAT MATCHES PARAGRAPH 17 IN FINAL JUDGMENT

I spoke to the clerks office, and was informed the plaintiffs attorney needs to filed the corrected title. I just realized it had not been filed this week (bad on me, that note was filed 7/23!), but in the meanwhile had started working on the place after the initial 2 week period, thinking the county was just slow.

I have a voicemail and email into the plantiffs attorney. Anyone deal with anything like this before? Do they have an obligation to file the corrected title, or do I need to push BoA (gasp) to have the attorney do it? Or am I going to be stuck hiring an attorney myself?

I just found this all out, so am a bit rattled, maybe it will be easilyresolved, but feeling a bit stressed by it at the moment.

Thanks for any suggestions, insight, or other experiences you may have. Oh, I'm in Pasco county, FL.

Thanks