Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Jake C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Figured I'd check in after four months to share my experience!

Jake C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Jun 14 2011, 09:21

Hi guys,

I doubt anybody would remember me from when I joined this past February...I posted a topic explaining that I had moved to Chicago specifically to get into Real Estate investing and that I had $100K to start me off. Well, I figured its about time I checked in... After spending almost every day in my target areas, getting to know the streets and neighborhoods, and chatting up anyone in a 5 foot radius, I have made some progress! I have closed on, rehabbed and occupied four rental properties, with another two under contract. I have investor commitment for another four properties as well, and then I'll have to hunt for some new capital.

With G-d's help, in four short months the bankers and managers at my bank know me by first name, I have assembled two separate rehab teams that will follow me to the end, the Housing Authority officials think Im God (funny story, for a different time), I've had lunch with the founder of the largest tax lien buying company in Chicago, I have four big players as mentors and friends and I have true satisfaction in every waking hour of my day.

The past four months have been such an adventure for my wife and I, and I love every single day of it!

To anyone sitting on the fence and undecided about pursuing what you want: DO IT! Its an incredible feeling and success in itself.

Onwards!!

Cheers,
Jake

Loading replies...