Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Paul Spangler
  • Renter
  • Tigard, OR
Votes |
MLS is bare, marketing tips for new MF investor?

Paul Spangler
  • Renter
  • Tigard, OR
Posted Mar 24 2015, 17:00

I've been working with a real estate agent to browse the MLS and get notified of new 3/4plex listings, but the inventory (in general, not just MF) is the lowest it has been in a long time according to him. I realize that the MLS can be a great strategy when there is tons of inventory and a buyers market, but I know that I need to change up my approach if I am going to find anything around my area soon.

My girlfriend and I are looking for a 3 or 4 plex, but I'm not sure where I would start if I wanted to start a direct mail campaign to find my own leads off the market. What makes it harder is that the Washington County (Oregon) website doesn't let you view the owners information, they make you go down there and look it up in person. I'm not saying that I won't do the work, but I also don't want to reinvent the wheel. We would like to use an FHA loan for this one, so I'm trying to find something that won't make my commute to work a nightmare, which is why we are limiting our search to a certain area right now.

Loading replies...