• Rental Property Investor
  • Bloomington, IL
Votes |
New Construction

Todd Hart
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bloomington, IL
Posted Jul 21 2014, 04:25

I'm fairly new on BP -- I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far. I'm struck by the exhaustiveness of the site and the number of individuals who are willing to lend their expertise, knowledge and best practices.

I searched on "new construction" and wasn't very successful in narrowing it down to less than 400+ posts, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

My wife and I originally considered investing in and renting single-family homes, mainly for positive cash flow. (We both hold full-time positions, so it was something we were considering "on the side.") Given the rental market in our area -- which seems so full of potential -- we're thinking of taking a different tack and going bigger.

Are there resources you'd recommend for getting into commercial construction (apartment buildings)? I imagine it's a fairly complicated process, but we'd like to begin researching our options, considerations, risks, and likely many, many other things. We do have a solid mentor in my father-in-law who has owned commercial real estate for 20+ years and runs a construction business.

Thanks a million!

Loading replies...