Votes
David L.
  • El Cerrito, CA
Votes |
my architect disappeared after sign the contract with me

David L.
  • El Cerrito, CA
Posted Sep 24 2014, 22:32

I have a major addition for my own house, and signed an architect and structure design agreement to get building permit with a company. The owner is a civil engineer who subcontract architect part to a local architect.

He changed his business phone number recently, and never answers the phone any more, send emails never answer. 

Now the local architect and I both could not find him, and I really need to get building permit early. could not afford to pay the same job two times. especially the engineer did not do anything on the project. Called his business partner two times, and his partner does not want to give his new phone number.

i am sure he know we are looking for him, and people around him know we try to get the design done. he might out of business, but he does not own me anything, why he does not answer the phone?

What would you do? did anyone(contractor, designer) disappeared after sign the contract with you? how do i cancel the signed contract with the guy do not want to do anything?  Thanks a lot.