Votes
Mel Locke
  • Bellingham, WA
Votes |
Owner Financing On Raw Land

Mel Locke
  • Bellingham, WA
Posted Oct 10 2014, 14:07

I'm on the other side of the table from most of you guys, looking to sell and am just wondering how attractive is it to have OF on a seven figure sale?  If a buyer/developer can raise the capital to develop this land, would they rather keep all their loans with banks/people that they know and trust or if I give them low financing options, does that make my property a better buy?

Guess, I'm just asking if it would make a difference in a deal for you.  

I know that this is pretty vague, but it's for land in an area that has a vacancy rate of 2%, so high demand and it's in a  good location.  Also, I'm going to be hit hard with capital gains, so OF sounds like a way to soften the tax bill. 

Finally, does anyone know the forum's policy on cross posting, thinking that I might get some more opinions on Real Estate Deal Analysis and Advice forum.

Sorry for the schizophrenic post, but I've been reading BP for too many hours and I think my brain has exploded, but in all seriousness, thanks for all this amazing information that the BP community has posted, it's been a great learning opportunity. 

Loading replies...