• Investor
  • Buffalo, NY
Votes |
First REIA meeting info

Shaun Lapsley
  • Investor
  • Buffalo, NY
Posted Jun 16 2014, 08:21

Really grateful for any help or insight anyone can provide.

I am attending my first REIA meeting in a couple days, 6-18. I was curious if anyone has any information of specific questions I may be able to ask in order to get directly to the people I would like to learn from, build a relationship with, and maybe even a mentorship with in the near future.

(Things I could provide to a potential mentor)

I am able to skip trace which could benefit a wholesaler without access to this. I am willing to help with anything and grateful to learn through the process. I have previous telecommunications experience. I am a professional with alot to offer, just NOT in RE, yet. I AM A SPONGE willing to learn and grow, but I do feel a little intimidated seeing as the vets time have likely been wasted by newbies in the past.

Being a newbie I believe I would be able to both help a wholesaler and benefit from them as well. My plan is to purchase a multi-family home as my first deal. I would be able to live in the property, get some hands on experience, and avoid capital gains tax when I decide to sell (2+ years from now).

One question I have seen on the forums, "Who consistently gets good deals locked up?" then talk with that person about what I am after.

I have business cards that include:

Name
Buy and Hold Investor
looking for multifamily homes
phone number

I have already been pre-approved.

Any input or direction is kindly appreciated.

Loading replies...