Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing
Account Closed
Votes |
Why Are there So many Real Estate Mentors amd Teachers?

Account Closed
Posted Nov 24 2014, 17:28

Never have I ever seen any other industry so ready and willing to  give out so much information about how to profit from real estate to  potential/ future competitors. I find it interesting and even a bit suspicious. There are THOUSANDS of books on how to invest in real estate and start your own business. There are tons and tons of podcasts. There are a myriad of guru training courses.  There are  scores of free websites , articles, and forums like BP that give away a wealth of information. Why? It seems that with this, coupled with extremely low barrier to entry and  a limited supply of land and real estate properties ( especially  commercial, such as apartments), and  the expansion of  major national/global brands who have billions of capital at their disposal, would be a recipe for oversaturation and major competition. Why would  investors be so eager to share advice and tips? Isn't that  shooting ones'self in the foot?  I know real estate is supposedly local ( although I feel that bug institutions beg to differ), wouldn't that be an even greater imcentive to dominate your market  instead of telling your competition exactly how you did it?  What do these people  get out of sharing their secrets and trainiing their future competition?  How will real estate continue to remain lucrative if so many people now have access to this information? I recently read a book that talked about fortune building, and history has shown that emerging big players, along with more an d more competitors entering  a market, leads to  shrinking profit margins and impedes growth. Why do people seem to think Real Estate is immune to this?  I'm not trying to start anything I just want to know the reasoning behind this phenomenon. Oh, and please no b.s. answers like, "Sharing is caring!!". I'm not convinced that everyone is just doing this out of the kindness of their hearts when business and money are involved ( although I know that se do).

Loading replies...