Votes
Vicki Gleitz
  • bennett, CO
Votes |
My Dad

Vicki Gleitz
  • bennett, CO
Posted Dec 9 2014, 08:11

My dad was a succesful realtor many years go. If he can see what my son is doing, I am sure that he is proud.  I also feel that if he were alive and active today,he would be an incredibly succesful investor.

My dad was one of the pioneers, over 50 years ago, who made real estate a respected full-time profession.  As far as I know, and I have been told, he was the originator of the "neighborhood newsletter" way back then. [remember, there was no internet 50 years ago] 

I have been reading ideas  on BP on finding possible leads. One of them is to check to see who has died.  My dad did that too.  BUT, what my dad did was check the obits because he would halt newsletters to the address for several months.  Why? Because he knew that it is generally unwise for a widow or widower to make major decisions in the first year after the death of a spouse. He would not take advantage of others vulnerabilities.

When there is NOT a bereaved spouse left behind, though, I believe that a compassionate, scrupulous investor can actually be of assistance in the grieving family by being there for them and making the process of asset liquidation easier. 

So, the question is, how to know for sure, in the case of a death, whether you are taking advantage of a spouses vulnerability, or are in fact making it easier for a family going through a difficult time.

my dad passed years ago, so I cannot ask him.

Loading replies...