Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing
Account Closed
  • St. Croix Valley, MN
Votes |
How do you present your offer directly to homeowner?

Account Closed
  • St. Croix Valley, MN
Posted Dec 19 2014, 12:54

Hello,

I have recently began a direct mail marketing campaign to homeowners in my area. I received a call today from a motivated seller and we have set a meeting to come look at the house. We are waiting until after the holidays. This older couple is retiring and moving up north to their new home. He liked my letter and it was appealing to him to sell as-is, not have to do any repairs/haul away his junk and close on the date of his choice. I explained to him that I am looking to buy older homes to renovate and resell them. He totally understood and even said that I need to make a good profit on it too. So, this seller is understanding of what I am out to do and that when I give him an offer, it won't be a retail offer.

When I meet with him, how should I present my offer? Do I show him the comps in the area? (I have access to MLS). Do I just say the number and not worry about explaining how I got to it?

I have a good idea what I am going to offer and why, but considering its a lot lower than the comparable houses in the area, what techniques do you guys use to help the seller see why your offer is good, despite the low price?

Thanks BP!

Loading replies...