Hunter Perkinson
  • Fredericksburg, VA
Votes |
Statistical Research Project Ideas Related to Real Estate

Hunter Perkinson
  • Fredericksburg, VA
Posted Jan 26 2015, 18:11

Hello BP, 

I am currently not a real investor but am very much interested in becoming one. Right now, I am a junior at a university and have a research project for a statistics class that I am in. At this point, my group and I are still looking for topics we want to do our project on. I would like to do it on something I am interested in, which is of course, real estate investing. However, I don't know exactly which topics to research. 

I am mostly interested in flipping, but was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what to do research on. I am assuming most of you at some point have asked yourself questions regarding the real estate market that you couldn't find the data to answer it, or perhaps the data is not out there. 

For an extremely rudimentary example; "Is there a correlation between average income and the average price of a home in the city of (fill in the blank)?"

So if anyone has any ideas or questions that they feel might suit this project please post them. Also, please post the sources that I could obtain the data from if it exists. 

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds! I hope to use this project to further my real estate investing education so that I too can one day give back to this awesome community here on BP!!!

Loading replies...