Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Matt N.
  • Investor
  • Clayton, MO
Votes |
Financing help to achieve my goals (40 units in 5 years)

Matt N.
  • Investor
  • Clayton, MO
Posted Mar 3 2015, 17:59

Hi All - I am in the midst of purchasing my first multifamily (4 units). My goal is to get to 40 units in 5 years. This first purchase will be done through FHA since I will be occupying the property. I then intend on refinancing after 18 months and getting another FHA. In between that time, I am hoping to purchase another multi-family (4 unit). I would likely have the cash to put 10% down but prefer not to put 20% down to increase my portfolio. Looking for ideas on financing.

A few ideas I have heard of:

Credit Card Balance Transfers - there are credit cards that have promotional periods of zero dollar balance transfers (just pay 3% up front) and can use that to leverage money for a down payment. 

Heloc - I would need to wait 18 months until my first property has 20% equity in it to probably go this route. 

That is honestly it. I am looking for 10% down or less ideas. Preferably with lowest interest rate possible but just hoping someone can offer guidance or suggestions on what to look at. 

LOVE THE SITE @Brandon Turner@Joshua Dorkin. It has been invaluable towards creating a foundation and moving toward my goals. That and a great real estate agent! Thanks!!

Loading replies...