• San Jose, CA
Votes |
Having hard time finding an agent in Indy... Advise welcome

Alex Stepanov
  • Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Apr 17 2015, 16:03

Hello dear BP-ers!

For some reason that I don't quite grasp, I'm having some remarkably bad luck trying to find a realtor in the Indianapolis area. I've been working with realtors all over the country, and normally it is a fairly straightforward deal - an introductory email followed by a phone call and then off we go property shopping. Not in Indy...

In Indy, for whatever reason, 5 agents turned me down and many without even speaking. First agent hang up on me. Another person agreed to speak on the phone and made it clear that they are not interested in anyone who has no institutional backing (read millions to drop). The list goes on and on - I was accused of being a crook, lectured, etc. etc. etc. I get an impression that realtors in Indy are swimming in the money and don't bother with individual investors anymore... 

To end this rant, I wonder if anyone would care to refer me to the agent in Indy they personally worked with and can vouch for? There are plenty of realtors online but I don't want to go trial-and-error route, especially given the history of my past conversations...

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers
Alex

Loading replies...