Votes
Ashley Payton
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
I need a some advice

Ashley Payton
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Jan 29 2014, 18:31

I am in the process of planning a start-up high-end shoe boutique in my area. I am now at the part of finding financing along side finding a building. Now here's my dilemma:

I am looking for a commercial /retail space that is up for sale rather than just leasing. I figured that would be better for many reasons; collateral being one. So does it make sense for me to find a hard money lender to purchase a building? Not completely clear on how hard money lending works, but it would just basically be like a 5 years loan with the building as collateral. I also figured, just from what I've been reading, hard money lending is a quicker process and I am on a bit of a time schedule so the quicker the better.

Or, should I look into Crowd Funding? I did a bit of research on that also, but it seems most of what I found is for things that are going to some kind of cause, charity , or technology: all of which I am neither.

Or, would it be best for me to find a private lender who could give me a loan to purchase the building and the loan for the actual business while using the building as collateral? Like killing 2 birds with one stone.

Or, should I take my chances with a bank? My credit is not the best, but it's decent and my business plan is pretty solid. And I'm sure they will also use the building as collateral.

I have a few buildings in mind and I am just trying to figure out my best options before proceeding. I really am confused as to what track to take and I am not up for wasting my time.

Help me figure this out!!! Thanks =)

Loading replies...