Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Kelly B.
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Want to buy partner out of triplex but high dti ?

Kelly B.
  • Seattle, WA
Posted May 29 2015, 18:54

We bought this building with a partner one year ago. We added a 3rd unit and rehabbed the building. I want to refinance and cash my partner out. The mortgage is 350k and the property will probably appraise for 850 to 900k.  The appraisal part is not concerning to me.

My husbands credit is around 780 and mine is around 740 so I am not concerned about that either.  My husband's income is around 170K.

The problem is that we took out a large line of credit on our home to rehab the investment property. Our debt to income seems too high to support us refinancing the and owning the entire building.?

We are running this building as a short time rental and I expect to make around $150k on rents but we are just starting up and I hear that the bank will not consider that income to lower our dti unless we have 2 years of this income.  Is there any way around this?. Because it short term rental building, we don't have leases.

Will banks ever think outside the box insulations like this? My mom can Loan me money, but not enough to buy my partners out.

If I cannot refinance, I am stuck with my horrible partners.

Loading replies...