Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Elizabeth S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
Morgage Advice - Refinance Personal & Commercial Into 1 Loan?

Elizabeth S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted Jul 7 2015, 04:44

I need some help thinking this through and making the best long term decision. I have 2 commercial mortgages that are on 5 year ARM loans with 15 year terms and 3 personal mortgages with 20 year fixed rates.

I am a buy and hold investor and plan on keeping my properties for 40+ years. 

I would like to refinance my properties so they are all on one loan with one bank and with one fixed rate and eliminate the variable rate loans. If that isn't the best idea though, my main priority is to eliminate the variable rate loans. 

• Would it be better for me to only refinance the variable rate loans into one loan or all of them into the same loan? 
  • My husband is the only one working a W2 job, if we refinanced into one portfolio loan, would he be able to get 4 more personal loans with Fannie or Freddie?
  • I would like to cash out refinance in this process so we could buy a couple more properties with that cash, my husband is concerned that having all of our loans and all of our properties with one bank would put at us at more risk if we weren't able to pay or the bank called the loan. I have a hard time thinking of any reason we wouldn't be able to pay our loan but on the other hand only have my 5 years of boom market experience to reference. How would you approach this?

Any advice you can offer would be great, thank you!!

Loading replies...