Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
James Hamling#3 Real Estate News & Current Events Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Twin Cities, MN
Votes |
Flipper too Holder, how to solve the LT$$$$$$$ dilemma???

James Hamling#3 Real Estate News & Current Events Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Twin Cities, MN
Posted Dec 17 2013, 09:37

How to find a deal, rehab a deal, contracts, closings, permits etc etc etc, I have it all down like a science, in fact in my area I am one of a handful who pioneered and are "the" experts at the science. But when it comes to the LT $$$ I am Forrest.... So the question is, how to locate investment funding with 2+yr terms at 12%, a simple static 12% secured via the portfolio?????

I am a reformed rehabbed, now when I complete a build and sell it I hold a little funeral service for the beautiful reliable cash flow I just sacrificed. My market has turned into a blood bath fighting for rehabs pressing prices above reason, all the while rentals with a vacancy rate of 3% and a solid 5%-7% annual appreciation on rents across the board each of the last 3 years with the only change in sight to be growth to those returns. I get it, rehab is a dollar today, rent is a nickel a week for life, I dun figured it out. Now I need to figure out some operation capital with the terms I need to empower everything else.

I am stuck pickle in the middle, I have a few banks willing and interested in playing ball and funding me, the issue is I need to throw some skin into each property for a 1yr term. I could do that, at the sacrifice of all other operations, 20K to me is a chunk of change and contrary to popular myth life as a rehabber is not a 20K a week income, that is a great month for me, GREAT.

So I know what I need, private funding, and I know it exists, and that others have done it, I am just clueless how.

And before anyone says FHA i will answer I have a really good CPA and no patience to wait 2 years of payments to uncle sam just to get a conventional mortgage good for 1 or 2 properties, cost vs reward dosnt warrant it.

I have a rock star property manager, I spent months researching and finding the best, I have the crews, knowledge, even properties, just not a few bucks to make the cheap money people happy.

Advice please....... more detailed the better, like say names and addresses, phone numbers, lol.

I feel foolish putting it out here like this but I am sick n tired of throwing away great deals and banging my head on the wall over just 1 single detail away, especially having majority LT funding in place, just not ready to sell my horse to buy the cart.

Loading replies...