Brandon Heath
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
What should my next step be?

Brandon Heath
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jul 31 2014, 23:37

Hello BP!

My wife and I have decided that we would really like to look into possibly investing in a small multi family units, owner occupant. I don't know if this is something we should jump for right away since I've kind of just started this RE journey pretty recently. Im my biggest fear is finding financing. We live in San Diego California where units are easily  500k-900k for a decent duplex. From my reading I think there are a few routes we can go and I would like anyones take on some of the better choices.

1. I own an S-corp that we are thinking of purchasing the property through. (from reading this may be hard to finance right?I have yet to start using any type of credit with it)

2. We havent purchased any property our selves yet so the FHA or 203K also sound like winners. Which one of course would depend on the type/condition of property we wanted to go for.

3. Portfolio loan from a credit union. Luckily the local credit union that we personally and with our business does offer portfolio loans! Im just not sure if we should do this with our personal credit or the business. How much do these loan types usually want down? Are these type good for buy and hold?

Any information with this would be more then helpful. Thank you all in advance!

Loading replies...