Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Brittani Gardner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Missouri
Votes |
Looking for some creative financing idea from the experts!

Brittani Gardner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Missouri
Posted Aug 15 2014, 09:54

Looking for some solid ideas for a win-win situation.  

In 2012 I bought my first home while engaged. We paid market value and did some minor work (diy kitchen reno, converted bedroom to formal dining, new flooring in partially finished basement, landscaping). 1 year later we split up and I still reside in the house. We are co-owner and co-financed. Now we are looking for ways to separate financially but I am not sure I want to give the house up. 

Details:

FHA appraisal (2012): 165,000

ARV in 2012 was: 180,000

Comps are hard to come by and the values have slightly declined since I've been here (now comps are: 160,000-170,000)

Loan balance: 153,000

PITI: 1135

Rent Comps: 1300-1400

I dont think I would have a problem with renting or lease option this property at all. The problem is needing to remove my "ex" from the situation. I could buy him out for under $5K, but I know he wont sign over the deed until the mortgage paid in full and I really don't want to go refinance in my name just to get around this because I want to avoid all unnecessary costs.

Can anyone advise on a wraparound mortgage in this situation to free up my ex to go buy another house? Will it work considering I am on the original loan also? I would really, really reall like to leave the existing financing in place as it is a great rate and an FHA loan that wont carry the PMI forever like the new ones.

Please anyone and everyone...Help a girl out!

Sub-2, subject 2, wraparound, creative financing, lease option, contract for deed, existing financing

Loading replies...