• Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
The Next Level

Adam Bossen
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Aug 31 2015, 08:19

Happy Monday BP!

I come here humbly saying that I'm not sure of the next move. 12 months ago almost to the day my dad and were very blessed with some great guidance and advice and jumped into the real estate world not knowing a THING about it. 

2015 has been fantastic! We picked things up fairly quickly, mainly by making several crucial mistakes costing a good chunk of cash and probably annoying my mentors with several hundred questions. In July of 2015 we closed our 9th deal (7 wholesale deals, 1 referral, and 1 land investment).

The problem is I feel sometimes this feels more like a hobby then a business. My dad and I have also been very blessed with great careers that have allowed us to not only fund our initial efforts but that also allowed us the time off needed to run the business. But it's time to take this to the next level! Quit the day job next level. Spend more time with my wife next level. 

Funding is a major issue for our growth. I'm putting together a portfolio of our 2015 deals and noticed on several deals that if we would have flipped the property rather than wholesaled it we would have made more money even after splitting the profits with an equity partner but we don't have that option due to lack of networking (our bad for sure) and funding.

Sorry for the long post here but I wanted to be as detailed as possible. I come here asking how do I take this to the next level? How do legally ask for other peoples money without sounding like the next episode of American Greed? 

Thanks in advance,

(This site is awesome btw!)

-Adam Bossen

Loading replies...