• Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Prenup tips

Adam Craig
  • Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Jul 14 2014, 18:48

I am getting married next June to a girl I have been friends with since high school and dating for 4 years. She is the least selfish/greedy person I have been in a relationship. Even though I trust her and don't plan on divorcing, it never hurts to get some insurance (prenup).

BACKGROUND -

I have an internet business that has an agi of about 200K. I also have my own hoem and 6 rental properties all purchased in the last 2 years. If I were to sell everything my net worth is around 275K. She makes 40K as a dietician but will be quitting or switching to part time when we get married. 

I am going to find an attorney and talk about a prenup in the coming weeks. What are some common things I should know about what I can and cannot do. If the worst were to happen (divorce) - I defiantly want to make sure she is taken care of, I just dont want her to walk off with half of my real estate business.

I purchased all this real estate while single, but plan on purchasing more as a married man. Can I make sure to protect these assets and future real estate through a prenup? 

Loading replies...