Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan G.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tyler, TX
Votes |
New investment in LLC, mortgage company says possible call in of loan.

Jonathan G.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tyler, TX
Posted Jul 30 2014, 00:04

So I am getting ready to do my first investment. My wife and I really want to make sure we eliminate as much risk that we can. One of the mortgage companies that I am looking to for funding says that they will not loan money to an LLC. Now he did tell me that it is not illegal for me to move the property to the LLC at some point but he cannot advise me or give me any advice to do anything that may jeopardize the loan for any reason. I asked him if it was illegal and he said NO but that there are terms of the loan that if the bank wanted to it would give them the right to call in the loan at any point.

My understanding is that this scenario is very very unlikely, especially because it is my first investment.  However I get worried about the possibility.  

I can go with another lender but they only do 15 year or a different loan with an ARM. So I am a little stuck and would like to get some advice, or if anyone has ever experienced this before.

We really would like to have a 30yr for the Cash Flow and the DTI ratio but we also want to protect ourself and eliminate as much risk as possible by creating an LLC. Any feedback would be a tremendous help. Thank you all for your input.

Loading replies...