Skip to content
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Jered Sturm
  • Investor/Syndicator
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
How to reassess your property tax ( Cincinnati Hamilton county Board of revisions)

Jered Sturm
  • Investor/Syndicator
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Jan 25 2015, 17:09
I need some experienced investors help with Hamilton county's BOR. I have gone through the BOR process before however those were simple arms length transactions. Since the mls has dried up I have been buying off market deals. I for simplicity sake this thread is only asking about SFRs. My question is what does the board want to see for evidence of the new value? I have access to the mls so I can search all sold properties I'm just not sure how comparable they have to be to my properties to get them approved by the board. A few things that I question are: How long ago can a comparable sale be? How close does the age of the home need to be? How close in proximity do the homes need to be? If a property has more bedrooms but is similar otherwise can I use that as a comp to get my property reassessed? And lastly after I find a comparable sale do I simply print off the mls sheet, and that is enough? Thank you in advance!

Loading replies...