• Franklin, TN
Votes |
ASSET PROTECTION PODCAST

Seth Mosley
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Franklin, TN
Posted Feb 23 2015, 05:44

Hey all..

interested to hear some discussion surrounding the recent BP Podcast on Asset Protection (the "YOU WILL GET SUED" issue)

So far I have 7 rental properties all multi unit having several units each, and they are just all under my name, which according to the attorney in the podcast, should NEVER be done for exposure reasons.

I feel like I've gotten a lot of mixed advice. Insurance Agents tell you insurance is the solution. Attorneys tell you LLC is the solution. My CPA tells me the LLC's are too expensive to operate and set up and that he's never dealt with people having issues not having properties under LLCs.

Wondering what all of you EXPERIENCED investors out there have done for your personal strategies, and do you find the statement true that, "it's not IF, but WHEN you'll be sued"?

My problems are at this point, the due-on-sale clause being possible if I transfer my properties to an LLC, and also, applying for financing. Do you all find issues with applying for financing under Trusts or LLCs?

Thanks

+Seth Mosley

Mosley Properties

Loading replies...