BiggerPockets

Can child support take my rental income if I live on the property?

Forum Powered By:

22 posts by 10 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Matt M.

Orchard Park, New York

Feb 15 '13, 08:05 AM

I'd be delighted to. So are you guys sure she can only take from my NET income and not my GROSS? Because child enforcement takes my current support order based upon my gross income and not net from my job...

Joel Owens Moderator

Real Estate Investor from Canton, Georgia

Feb 15 '13, 08:45 AM
1 vote

Hi Matt,

You do realize these topics are indexed in search engines right??

You are discussing how to not pay possible extra child support by not showing income if the ex comes after you for more money and also how the IRS wouldn't know about extra income reporting etc.

Unfortunately resolving custody and health of a child is a complex issue viewed at multiple angles by parties with sometimes having varying filters they look through and interests. Both might say they have the child's best interest at heart but disagree on how they get there or why.

The fact that their is still animosity shows unfinished emotional business that needs to be closed out. I can understand if an ex-spouse would keep taking and taking child support and then spending it on themselves etc.

I have heard before where that is a common compliant that the father doesn't mind paying more if they knew it benefited the child and not the ex-spouse abusing the funds. Couldn't a trust be set up or a direct system where the funds are documented and used for the child by the court?? I am not even close to an expert on this but it seems your attorney could help you out with this. It's sad many times because the child is in the middle at both parties expense and is the one taking the toll and paying the ultimate price.

No legal advice

Medium_allworldrealtyJoel Owens, All World Realty
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 678-779-2798
www.AWcommercial.com 678-779-2798 [email protected]

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums