• Real Estate Investor
  • Lexington, KY
Votes |
Bulk Sale Tax Strategies

Chris Rightmyer
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lexington, KY
Posted Mar 13 2013, 17:53

Had a quick question that Im sure has been addressed at one time or another here.

I have come across a seller who has about 20 Single Family as well as a mobile home property that is looking to retire and unload all of them. I am still in the beginning of negotiations with him, but thought I would try to come up with some options to possibly propose to this individual to provide some additional value to this transaction. I am looking to either wholesale most and keep a few myself as we proceed.

What are some strategies that I can propose to this individual to assist him with the tax issue of unloading these properties? I am thinking of possibly offering him a bulk price with him carrying the note and have the properties balloon at different intervals. Obviously not being an accountant, I can't give him advice, but am just looking at some different options that I could offer him to help with this tax issue that would possibly appeal to him rather than just say hey, I would like to buy everything you have.

Loading replies...