• Real Estate Investor
  • Greenback, TN
Votes |
My buyer needs financing - $80k down on $140k house - short term

Michael Woodward
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Greenback, TN
Posted Nov 26 2014, 06:44

I have a buyer for one of my fully renovated houses that's ready to make an $80k down payment (sale price is $145k) but she can't get her financing approved.  My bank was going to finance the deal but new Dodd-Frank employment history requirements prevented it.  She only needs seven more months of employment to qualify for a mortgage.  After that, she plans to secure a mortgage for the remaining $65k balance. There's virtually no risk with this deal because of the enormous down payment. The worst case scenario would be that the investor would foreclose on the $65k balance and have a recently renovated house worth more than double their investment.  I would be willing to help manage the entire process for out of town investors.  

Here's a few more details.  Let me know if you want to finance the deal or know someone who might.  

Thanks! 

Mike Woodward 865-773-4226

- Address: 3233 Chilhowee Heights Rd, Maryville, TN 37803

- Website with pictures and details: Local MLS listing

- Recently appraised by Renasant bank at $140,000

- Buyer Stats: Currently employed (11 months total, 5 months at current job), Divorced one year ago, Stay at home mom prior, Very little credit history, Father lives with her and is willing to co-sign the note

(keywords: funding, finance, loan, private, portfolio, hard money, soft money, investor)

Loading replies...