Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
John Thedford#5 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
Tenant From HELL! Got Sued! Biggest PITA Ever!

John Thedford#5 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Naples, FL
Posted Nov 2 2013, 09:49

Hello all. I haven't been here for a while due to health injuries. Fell, blacked out, hurt shoulder BAD! That led to open heart surgery. Fun year for me:))
Anyways, while all these goodies were going on I went through my first eviction. He got out with destroying the place. He then threatened to sue me for a large sum of money and I ignored his letter. A few days later I got served. This guy was the tenant nightmare from hell. You know the type--they are never happy, complain about everything, and the only thing that might make them happy is being unhappy! We went to court last week. The guy lied terribly. His stories changed. It was almost comical. I got a very fair judge that paid attention! Got a fair trial! Found not guilty of breach of the lease. Right before the trial the judge asked us to try and mediate a settlement. He walked up and stated he would accept half of what he was asking for. The only thing I was willing to give him was ....welll....leave it to your imagination. Finally, it is over! The judge didn't give him a dime! However, the PITA this guy was and the stuff he put me through was pretty aggravating. My suggestion is if you have someone wanting to move in and they complain about everything DO NOT rent to them. They will never be satisfied and will be an ongoing source of trouble as long as they are in the property!

Loading replies...