Votes
Stephen E.
  • St Thomas, Ontario
Votes |
Carpet Recommendations

Stephen E.
  • St Thomas, Ontario
Posted Feb 18 2014, 13:43

I have a mid priced apartment condo unit next to a hospital that I would ideally rent to a medical professional (nurse, technician, resident, etc.). We are putting in new cabinetry, counters, sinks and a whole new bathroom. All appliances have been replaced over the last two years. The only remaining item is carpet, which is original to the building and twenty plus years old. We very nearly bought some today but I thought I would look at it again and maybe try BP for some advice. The carpet we had picked out is an industrial grade carpet, dark tan (brown) in colour which goes well with the Behr Gobi Desert paint on the walls. There are other shades that have a mix of colours but the brown shade is darker and seems more likely to hide stains. The carpet has a ten year warranty on stains and is apparently very popular. The building is a high rise and has had problems with noise transmission from prior installs so no one is allowed to put in laminate or similar now - it must be carpet.

There is a lighter shade that I quite like, but the advice I had read was dark shades are best in rentals.

All advice welcome.

Loading replies...