Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties
Account Closed
  • SFR Investor
Votes |
What to do if the next door neighbors dog is breaking the fence and it needs replaced

Account Closed
  • SFR Investor
Posted Mar 20 2014, 19:01

I have a rental in a lower income area, my property is one of the nicest on the block. Next door the house is owned by a realtor who has tenants with two pit bull dogs. The fence is older but probably would have lasted several more years had the dogs not kept jumping on the fence and breaking out boards.

I have called the owner on his cell phone three times with no reply, at first I thought I had the wrong number until I looked him up and saw it was the right number then emailed him also with no reply. This situation is getting out of hand as the dogs are breaking into my tenants backyard and I am worried one might bite someone.

At this point I am pretty sure he is dodging me because he does not want to pay for the repairs.

What should I do to get him to pay his fair share and what percentage should he pay since I believe the fence had a few more years life left in it. I was going to sell this property off this year and if the dogs had not ruined the fence I wouldn't be out the money at all. (It is still stained nice on my side.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Loading replies...