• Investor
  • Wasilla, AK
Votes |
Should I evict or ride it out?

Kyle Rice
  • Investor
  • Wasilla, AK
Posted Apr 17 2014, 01:18
I have a tenant who I probably should've evicted a long time ago. Brief history: this tenant is the HR lady at my workplace and I originally broke my own rules by allowing her to have a pet and pay the security's deposit late. Within the first couple months she had a visitor past the 7 days without approval, had an additional pet staying there and there was a fist imprint in the refrigerator door. Since she and her fiancé worked with me I decided to write a letter and have a sit down with them. They agreed to pay the damage for the refrigerator and were apologetic about the other violations. Fast forward to this month...they are now on a month to month lease. She calls me the other day to give 30 days notice on the 11th of the month and asked if I'd let her move out by the 1st of May. I then informed her that we need 30 days notice before the rental due date which is the first and that it must be written. Yesterday she turns in a handwritten letter that is dated the 10th of April and has a few snide remarks in it. Then the following morning my wife saw the tenants now husband drive over a section of our grass and spin his tires,ruining that section of the lawn, while on his way to work. Today I noticed another area where he cut the corner and left huge tire marks in the grass. My question is would you bother with confronting this tenant and or evicting? It's touchy since she handles my pay checks and other papers at my workplace. They will be gone at the end of May. Would you ride it out? At the same time I feel we should not let them get away with all this but I know I've got to choose my battles...Thoughts?

Loading replies...