Votes
Jay Shepherd
  • Maryland
Votes |
evict now vs evict next month?

Jay Shepherd
  • Maryland
Posted Apr 20 2014, 20:32

My tenants have been 3-4 weeks late every month since lease started 6 months ago. I have filed 4 failure to pay rent forms with District Court of Maryland. The 4th failure to pay rent form (March) was filed at the end of March, which allowed me to ask for Aprils rent as well since the due date of April 1st would fall before court date (April 8). The tenants have since paid the balance of March rent but have failed to pay anything for April. I filed the Warrant of Restitution last week to start eviction. If my tenants pay Aprils rent before the Sheriff and I decide on a party date, the eviction is cancelled. On May 2nd, I believe I can file my 5th failure to pay rent form (even tho they have told me for the 5th time that next months rent will be paid on time), asking for No Right of Redemption which does not allow them to stop an eviction even if they pay.

Would it be wrong of me to start a 2nd eviction process on May 2nd (No Right of Redemption), which will be only 1 week after they pay me Aprils (fingers crossed)?

Loading replies...