Votes
Jimmy Day
  • Smyrna, GA
Votes |
Hold property or let it go?

Jimmy Day
  • Smyrna, GA
Posted Jul 29 2014, 07:20

I have a studio loft in downtown Atlanta that I could likely sell for $135,000. I currently owe about $107,000 on it and have it rented out to an amazing tenant who has never called me with the first concern over her two year lease, which expires at the end of February, next year. She's paying $950 which is below market value, but I gave her a break for signing a two year lease. I'm cash flowing it by about $50/month.

My question is this: would it be more advantageous to list if for sale March 1st or should I attempt to continue renting it out (likely at an increased rate)? I currently have an ARM on the property and I'm sure rates will be rising in the not-so-distant future, so I assume it would be prudent to refinance. I have 20 years left on the mortgage and it's currently sitting at 3% even. I'd hate to refi into a higher rate, but I assume it would be wise from a CYA perspective if I were to hold onto the property.

If I need to include more information in order to receive a response, I'm happy to do so.

Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to your replies.

Loading replies...