• Seattle, WA
Votes |
Ability to exclude a person from the premesis

Michele Fischer
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Aug 23 2014, 09:36

Background:  We rent a 3 bedroom house to a grandmother.  She has her grandchildren live with her intermittently as needed.  Not uncommon in low income households.  Two of the teenagers are authorized on the rental agreement to each live there 180 days or less a year.

The teens have a reputation for being bad boys.  We knew this from the police and from them attending school with our kids when we got the application.  We told grandma when we accepted her that we were aware of the trouble they get into and would be monitoring the situation closely.

Grandma has lived there a bit over a year and there have been issues, none specifically tied to the teens.  a typical low income tenant - not bad enough to kick out, not good enough to feel good about.

Friday we received a neighbor complaint on the boys written up by the police.  We'll connect with the police next week to find out more, because it is written very vague, but it seems to be a nuisance complaint.  I'd like to revoke their permission to live at our property, with 30 days notice.  To be able to enforce it, I'd really like to disallow them from being on the premises at all.  

My husband thinks this is harsh and possibly problematic.  Thoughts?

Loading replies...