Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Danny Dang
  • Grand Prairie, TX
Votes |
HI you must be the "new landlord" Here's my list!

Danny Dang
  • Grand Prairie, TX
Posted Sep 10 2014, 05:31

Hello all! I just picked my my first rental property which is a 4 plex. The old landlord told the tenants about them having a new landlord. One morning  I was walking around picking up trash and looking things to make my property have more curb appeal. I couple came out and said "you must be the new landlord!" I was so happy to meet them and their family. After chatting then the ugly list came out......this is not working, pest, carpets and rats......... I was shocked because I would never live in anything like that muchless my family! I felt really bad. These are good paying tenants always on time (all 4). I feel that they have been toss to the side and sold to me. But much after this meet with the first tenant. The other came out and added to the TO DO list. So Sad......I told my wife that I promise to make them live in a better place then what the last landlord did. Is this a good idea or ride the cash flow until they move out? I would love to make our tenants happy but if we lose money

Loading replies...