Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Shaun Caldwell
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Landlords: How can I help you achieve your goals and enhance my knowledge?

Shaun Caldwell
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Sep 10 2014, 19:47

BP Community,

I'm new to investing and would really like to find a mentor in the Charlotte, North Carolina area, if at all possible. I am slowing becoming an active member on BP and have plans on attending several local REIA groups and hope to make connections there as well.

My long term goal is to buy and hold rental properties, although I would never turn down the opportunity to rehab and flip a home. Starting out as a wholesaler I understand how important it is to find great deals that investors can profit from. From everything that I've heard and seen, the biggest mistake made by inexperienced wholesalers and investors is inaccurately calculating the ARV and repair costs on properties. I would rather take my time and learn the business opposed to rushing and tarnishing my reputation by marketing bad deals. In saying that, I am looking to gain experience in the rehab and eventually the buy and hold areas of REI and ultimately learn what constitutes a great deal.

What value could I bring to a landlord?

Knowledge, skills, and abilities:

1. Time. I can commit roughly 20-25 hours per week

2. Superior technical support and service in a wide range of areas including phone reception, document processing, and case management. Managed the reception area for an office of 40+ staff members.

3. Direct marketing. Extensive experience in creating high-impact campaigns & partnerships across platforms & audience segments. I currently own a commercial printing and graphic design business.

4. Prior small business management experience. Solid understanding of topics including but not limited to human resources, financial planning, marketing, etc.

Last and most importantly my WHY. I have two parents whose health is declining. Healthcare is not cheap nor are the day to day living expenses for two retirees in their 60’s. I desperately want to give them the best life possible and at the same time make them proud of their son. I see real estate as a great vehicle to make this happen and I will stop at nothing to see it through. I am hoping that the right investor they will recognize this as not only an opportunity to increase their bottom-line but just as important change the course of someone’s life.

Thank you all for your attention and I look forward to your feedback.

Shaun

Loading replies...