• Raeford, NC
Votes |
Getting a home ready to rent

Chance Cooper
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Raeford, NC
Posted Oct 7 2014, 05:19

Hello guys/gals

I just got back home from Afghanistan and I already know that next year I will be headed to another duty station. Its common for us Military folks…The home that I live in now I can already see that it is not ready to rent. I want to make each of my homes a standard for all my homes so that it is pretty easy when it comes to whipping one into shape to be rented.

I have read blogs where some people use the exact same paint for each home, some use a ton of door stops, mini blinds, no mini blinds etc. Can you guys give me any tips you pretty much use on all your rentals when you are getting them ready to rent (standard systems). The things that I already know I need to do is:

-Take down this pool that my wife put up while I was gone….(SMH)

-I want to get rid of a lot of the bushes out back because renters are not going to trim them like they should be trimmed…

-Apply much needed paint i.e.. front porch, back porch, garage and other areas that looks dull.

-Pressure wash home to give a clean look

-I was even thinking about taking down the privacy fence??? Would you???

Any information you guys have or systems that have helped you would be great. I have at least a year so I have plenty of time. I would like to do a little here and there so its ready by next year. Thanks.

Chance

Loading replies...