Votes
Sarah Brown
  • Edmond, OK
Votes |
Eviction grounds Oklahoma

Sarah Brown
  • Edmond, OK
Posted Oct 22 2014, 09:23

Hello, I need some advice...  I have renters who are horrible and I need to know if I have to have specific grounds for eviction-property is in Oklahoma.  They were 10 days late on the 2nd months rent and still have not paid the late fees-over a month.  They were on time the second month, but still did not pay the first months late fees.  Now both of their phones have been turned off and I am getting complaints from the neighbors-The yard is not being kept up and there is a broken down truck that was towed in-sitting in the driveway.  I live 100 miles away, so I am not there to closely monitor the property, but have given them notice (via email, text, facebook) that I will be coming to inspect the house- with no response.

My question: Do they have to break something specific in our lease contract to be evicted-or can I start the eviction process after I've given them a 10 day notice to remove the truck and maintain the yard (that part is in our contract).

Also, I am going to the property tomorrow to inspect, do I have the right to enter the property even though they have not responded to my 24 hour notice?

Thanks in advance!!

Loading replies...