Votes
Josh L.
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
Paint color- neutral enough or repaint?

Josh L.
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Posted Oct 25 2014, 01:23

What do you think of the paint color on the wall?

Is it neutral enough? I'm a guy who's not good with these paint colors, but I'm afraid that it might come across as too 'dark'.

I don't know if I should keep that same paint color in the family room and  on one wall in the dining room. 

Or, if I should repaint it the same yellow color that you see in the top left corner of the picture so that it matches the rest of the paint in this property. Will it seem weird if some of the walls or rooms have different color than the rest of the house?

Or, should I select an entirely different color for everything than that yellow? Should I have picked more of a tan color than the yellow color paint I picked, or more accurately, the sales associate at Home Depot picked. 

It seems like tan color is popular today because it makes molding and trim pop more but I have builder grade molding and trim. Plus, at the prices my painter charges me, he oftentimes paints the molding/trim as the same color of the wall paint so that molding/trim doesn't really pop regardless of the color I picked. 

Loading replies...